Living up to the Global Compact
Selectronic believes in operating an ethical approach to business and fully supports the UN Global Compact as a platform that encompasses the core principles in areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
The key principles of our approach are:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- the effective abolition of child labour; and
- the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
You can download a copy of our new UN Vision here